Saturday, September 19, 2009

'Chance Meetings'

On the second day Elder Zach Teichert's companion noticed my name tag at dinner. After staring at my name tag he said, "Sister Teichert, my companion's ELDER Teichert..." and he ran to get him. Zach's parents are Michael and Valerie (Uncle John and Aunt Dorothy) and they live in Winnemucca, NV. The last time I saw Zach was in Cokeville, when he was about 5. He said that I looked famililar to him when he opened the door for me an hour before at the bookstore. I could have met him an hour earlier if I would have looked at HIS name tag - but I remember thinking what fine young men there are here at the MTC - I don't think I opened a door for myself all week if there were Elders around. We took the above picture the next day after planning to meet with our cameras - it was his P-day, and his companion showed up in grubbies - Zach showed up in his suit!

Then on Friday, I heard someone say "Elder Teichert!" I turned around and there was Zach again - the fourth time we had seen each other - I had my camera, so we took this picture, just a few days before he leaves for the Cincinnati mission. He is such a fine young man - I'm sure it was OK that we hugged goodby - it's OK to get a grandma hug from your Dad's cousin's wife in front of your daughters' old Seminary teacher, Brother Price! He says to tell you girls HELLO!

1 comment:

  1. That's wacky!! I like your blog! Are you having a nice time?? Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete